Before you follow this faq, first check if your e-mail is hosted by miWebb!
On this page we will explain how you can receive your email in Windows Mail.
You need the following information:
- Your email address;
- Your email password;
- Your website address.
Step 1 – Add account
Start Windows Mail. Windows Mail comes standard with every modern Windows version and can be started by opening the start menu and typing “mail”.
If you start Windows Mail for the first time, you will see a screen with a button: “Add account”. Are you already using Windows Mail? Then start the program and click on Accounts (Figure 1) and then on Add Account on the right side of your screen (Figure 2).
Step 2 – Login
After you have clicked on add account you will get a list of choices of which type of account you want to add (Figure 3). Scroll down and click Advanced setup. Then click on Internet email and fill in the following fields (Figure 4):
- Email address: enter your e-mail address here;
- Username: enter your e-mail address here;
- Password: Enter your e-mail password here;
- Account name: Enter your own name here;
- Send you message using this name: Enter the name the recipients of your e-mails will see;
- Incoming e-mail server: Enter your website address with e-mail. before. Is your website address example.org? Then fill in mail.example.org;
- Account type: Choose from pop3 and imap4. You will receive both email and you can send email; with imap4 you copy the mail from the server to your inbox and with pop3 you move the email from the server to your inbox. With imap4 you can still view your email on the server and you can use multiple devices with your mailbox, this is not possible with pop3;
- Outgoing (SMTP) email server: Enter your website address with mail. before. Is your website address example.org? Then fill in mail.example.org;
- Leave all ticks checked.
Then click Sign in to add your account. The addition can take a few minutes.